When it comes to a kitchen renovation, there are certain things you shouldn’t skimp on—like the countertops! The countertop covers an expansive area of the kitchen and has the capability of becoming the shining star of your kitchen remodel. Here are some tips from Discover Marble and Granite on how to get the natural stone or engineered quartz countertops you crave without breaking the bank.
• Recently, Discover Marble and Granite took you to the edge and back, offering insight into the various countertop-edging options. If you’re on a tight budget, keep in mind that the edge you choose could impact the overall cost of the countertop. Also, opting for a rounder edge means there’s less likelihood of chipping—a huge bonus if you opt to install a natural stone countertop, such as granite, soapstone or marble—or you choose engineered quartz. It’s likely that beveled and bull-nosed edges may add some dollars per linear foot, so it’s best to address any financial concerns before settling on a countertop edge. We recommend that you talk to your countertop fabricator about your edging options may impact your kitchen renovation budget.
Also, please feel free to reach out to us here at Discover Marble and Granite. We have more than 10 years of experience as a leading importer, manufacturer and installer of natural stone and quartz surfaces in New England and Southwest Florida. We specialize in residential and commercial interior work for the wholesale industry, and we strive to provide exceptional customer service, fast turnaround and a large selection of high quality products, including many eco-friendly ones. Our product offerings include granite and marble, such as engineered Marblestone, soapstone, as well as natural and engineered quartz by Cambria, Viatera, Caesarstone, HanStone, Eco by Cosentino, PompeiiStone.
• More isn’t always more! If you’re on a budget, why not splurge on fabulous new granite or quartz countertops and choose a tile backsplash rather than a stone one? Also, consider mixing different types of stones; this could be a cost-saver and will infuse even more visual interest to the kitchen. Just make sure the backsplash color or pattern doesn’t compete with those in your new granite or engineered quartz countertops. Here at Discover Marble and Granite, we can guide you to the perfect backsplash to compliment your new countertops!
• Make sure you really love the stone you’re choosing! Having a tiny two-by-four swatch in hand is fine, but you won’t be able to get the truest sense of how the stone you choose for your new countertops will really look. Before plunking down your hard-earned money, visit a showroom like Discover Marble and Granite’s to get a truer sense of the material and color options available to you!
• Rely on an experienced stone fabricator, such as Discover Marble and Granite, to take precise measurements for any countertop cut-outs for the sink, the faucet, etc.
• Learn the key differences between quartz and natural stone so you can decide which is best for your new kitchen! Engineered quartz, for example is great for high-traffic areas because it doesn’t require sealing and is waterproof—so it’s a perfect partner for that fabulous undermount sink you’ve had your eye on!
• If it’s granite you crave, pick your slab! Granite is just as durable as quartz, but it requires periodic sealing. Also, the colors and variations may be unique to each piece, so you’ll want to ensure that you’re picking the perfect slab of granite for yourself. The last thing you want is to settle on a granite sample only to find out once it’s installed that the pattern and color is different than what you had imagined.